OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest Name: iHeartRadio Music Festival Vegas Takeover (the “Contest”)
Station: Participating Stations (the “Station”)
Station Address: 32 Avenue of the Americas, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10013
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 16 years of age or older *(prize conditions apply for winners under the age of 21, see below). Void outside Participating Station’s Total Survey Area or Designated Market Area and where prohibited. Do not enter this contest if you are not located in the United States at the time of entry. Odds of winning depend upon the order in which you call-in and the total number of callers that call-in, corresponding to all participating stations, during the specific designated time and day during the Contest Period.
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in the rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed in Appendix A hereto attached. For a list of participating stations and/or a copy of the official contest rules, please visit the office of the participating station during normal business hours or send your request to as instructed herein.
The Contest is administered by the Company and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Contest and in accordance with Clear Channel privacy practices found here. The Contest sponsor(s), promotional partners and administrator is herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: Contest will begin July 11, 2011 at 6:00 AM EST and end September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST (“Contest Period”). Entrants not located within the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone, must factor in the time difference for the defined time zone in which they are located, e.g. February 14, 2011 at 3:00 am (EST) is February 13, 2011 at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
B. How to Play: Beginning July 11, 2011 listen to iheartradio.com or any participating station weekdays between 6:00 am and 12:00 am Eastern throughout the Contest Period for the cue to call and be the selected caller to the designated contest line announced*. The participant must be the designated caller to the phone number announced; the designated caller, if eligible, will be a winner. The correct caller will win the prize described below. If Company determines the designated caller is not eligible, the Company may select the next consecutive eligible caller as the winner for that playtime. Listen to the participating stations for details on specific times to play. The dates and times of station participation may vary and shall be determined solely by the individual participating Station and announced on air. All changes which are to be made by an individual station must be outlined in an addendum and attached hereto as part of the rules. Any changes made by an individual station shall only apply to that individual station and shall not affect the playtimes of any other participating stations. All calls will be received at the same call-in center regardless of which station the caller was listening to. A total of ten (10) daily winners, one (1) winner per designated call-in playtime (based on callers from all stations), subject to verification, shall be selected to win a Grand Prize Package for a total of 540 possible On-Air Winners for the contest period.
*Throughout the Contest Period each weekday and on the designated weekends a “sounder” or cue to call will be aired at various times along with a message instructing listeners to call for a chance to become a winner. There will be a total of ten (10) randomly scheduled national playtimes each weekday during the Contest Period per weekday, and throughout two designated weekends described herein. The local participating Stations, at their sole discretion may or may not choose to air all playtimes due to programming obligations and other factors. Each participating Station reserves the right to amend the rules which may include opting out during specific time periods. In the event that a participating Station has made changes subject to the official rules, said changes shall individually apply to that specific Station’s participation and the Station’s listener’s participation and shall not apply to any other participating station. To determine if your local station has provided an addendum to these rules or for more information about the local station’s participation you may contact the local station during regular business hours. Participating stations may or may not amend portions of this contest at a local level in their sole discretion. If a participating Station has amended any portion of the Official Rules the station will provide an addendum to these rules which will be deemed part of the official contest rules for the individual station identified on the addendum. The participating Stations may or may not choose to announce exact times that future cues will be played. All participating Station listeners will be competing with listeners from other stations around the country who will also receive a "cue to call" at the same time and will be calling the same number. There will be a total of 10 winners selected each day as stated herein.
Contest not valid on most weekends and holidays unless otherwise announced ON-AIR and with the exception of Labor Day weekend and the final weekend of the Contest Period. Limit one (1) winner per household for the duration of the contest period. The Company assumes no responsibility for contestants not making timely phone calls to the station as a result of the delays in the Internet stream. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to determine. Contestants may contact their local station to determine participation or visit the Station’s website. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the phone number submitted at the time of entry and qualification. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Company is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, postage-due or incomplete entries, notifications or mail. Contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received on or before the deadline for registration to be deemed valid. All Entries become the property of Company and will not be returned.
C. Conditions on Participation: If the entrant is unable to verify registration information the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier in the event that that a qualifier has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. The Company is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail or any other form of communication Station may use to contact the qualifier and/or a potential winner. The Station is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a qualifier or potential winners or for any late, misdirected, or if the qualifier or potential winner is a minor, for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of the entrant to provide signed parental or guardian consent. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon notification or unless otherwise stated herein, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited, no alternative prize will be substituted. Furthermore eligible contestants agree as follows: All decisions of the judges will be final. By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Company, that the decisions of the Company is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you not comply with the rules, then the eligible winner will be disqualified. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate qualifier and/or potential winner at that time.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
The Grand Prize Packages will include the following:
• Two (2) tickets for winner and one guest to attend the "iHeartRadio Music Festival" in Las Vegas, NV domestic round-trip airfare for winner and one guest to Las Vegas, NV;
• 3 days and 2 nights standard hotel accommodations at either the MGM Grand in Las Vegas or a comparable hotel to be determined at the sole discretion of the Company.
• Ground transportation for the winner and one guest to and from the Vegas airport and hotel;
• Travel must be scheduled for September 23 through September 25, 2011, other dates not valid
Approximate total value of individual prize packages: $1,300.00. Prize packages provided by Clear Channel Radio. Prize value may vary depending upon departure location and time of travel.
Conditions and other restrictions apply. Total Overall Prize Value to be awarded over the duration of the Contest is approximately $702,000.00
Trip Prize Conditions: All prize packages shall include round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner from a major commercial airport near winner’s home to the destination and a double occupancy standard hotel room as specified in herein. Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded and is specified in these Official Contest Rules. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Company’s discretion. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner and guest. All travel must be taken on dates specified or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate; no alternative travel dates are available. Exact travel dates and arrangements may be subject to availability. Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. No person under the age of 16 years will be permitted to travel; anyone under the age of 21 years must travel with person 21+ years. *IF WINNER IS ELIGIBLE, BUT A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, THE TRAVEL GUEST MUST BE WINNER’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. A MINOR MAY ACCOMPANY WINNER AS A TRAVEL GUEST ONLY IF THE WINNER IS THE MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. MINORS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED AT ALL TIMES DURING TRIP (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IN-FLIGHT, HOTEL STAY AND ALL PRIZE-RELATED EVENTS) BY MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. IF WINNER IS ELIGIBLE, BUT UNDER THE AGE OF 21, HE/SHE MUST TRAVEL WITH AND BE ACCOMPANIED BY SOMEONE OVER THE AGE OF 21. THE TRAVEL GUEST MUST BE 21 YEARS OR OLDER AND MUST ACCOMPANY THE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE WINNER AT ALL TIMES DURING TRIP (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, HOTEL STAY AND ALL PRIZE-RELATED EVENTS). Travel guests must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to Las Vegas, NV, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the Grand Prize winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Grand Prize winner at the time of notification. Grand Prize winner and guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules or unless required as in date specific prizes. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If the winner is not available on the specified dates, winner will be disqualified and the Company reserves the right to choose an alternative prize winner. Company is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Company reserves the right to not award the grand prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner. Location of seats and tickets are in Company’s sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Company. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Company reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. If actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, or the winner or his/her guest(s) and/or eligible travel companion(s) forfeit, do not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize, the winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
The Grand Prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. Winner and guest must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. By accepting the prize, Grand Prize Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees that: (i) that all decisions of the Company, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and binding; (ii) to release the Company, Station and sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; (iii) to allow the Company to and sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Station will have no further obligation to winner.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be at least 16-years old, as of the date of entry and prize award as determined by the Company and be a legal resident of the 50 U.S. or D.C. Participants and winners must reside in the participating Station’s Designated Market Area (DMA) or Total Survey Area (TSA) as defined by Arbitron. Commonly these areas represent a radio station's total listening market audience in a geographic area. If the Contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated herein, only one (1) entry per person and only one (1) member per household is eligible to receive a prize for the entire duration of the Contest. Only one (1) winner per household permitted for any participating station in a thirty (30) day period. The potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi), the potential prize winner's parent or guardian, may (in Company’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return any form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Notwithstanding the determined age requirement set forth above, it is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement at the time of entry to be allowed to participate in the contest and no one under the age of thirteen (13) shall be permitted to enter any Contests conducted by the Company, at anytime, under any circumstances. Employees of the Company, the Station, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Grand Prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Grand Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to The Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsor, Station or the Company shall mean in Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "sole and unfettered discretion." Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort ; (iii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iv) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. Participating Stations may opt to make amendments or changes to the contest, affecting that station only by including hereto an attached addendum amending the rules and outlining the applicable changes.
9. Miscellaneous. Void outside the Designated Market Area and where prohibited unless otherwise determined by the Company. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period from all participating stations. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by applicable local and state law.
Appendix A - Participating Stations
The Company is conducting the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating stations that are located in various States and their perspective time zones. Entrants not located within the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone, must factor in the time difference in determining the dates and times stated herein. The Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station. The Station’s participation in this contest during the contest dates may vary from day to day as announced on air of the affected Station, and as listed as amended in Appendix A. Station will announce participation. Stations participating in this contest may include all stations owned or operated by Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc.